13 October 2015

#13102015 Tell and make them understand

So, I have these two kids in my little space. They have problem in understanding instructions and facts. You know, those jumpy kids, loud and energetic. Lectures are so not their cup of tea. But then, I always push them to do the tasks. This is because, you never know your limit unless you are being pushed.

Today, in my little space, I asked my kids to form few groups so that they can do the group activities easily. Then, these two kids, jokingly said that they don't want to do the task. So, I gave them options: if you don't want to be in the groups and do the task, stand for the whole period or do and sit. I know, it's cruel. They decided to not carry on their task and stood under the sun. After 20 minutes, they eventually gave up and said they want to do the task and they finished it in less than 5 minutes. hah.


It was not my decision, it was theirs. They chose to stand and not doing their works. It was the consequences of their choice. They didn't try, and made their decision recklessly.


But then, to be fair, these students don't know exactly the path they are heading to by making such decision. And I SHOULD tell them.


I didn't tell the whole reason of giving them options. I didn't tell that this was not a punishment, but it was a lesson for you to learn. I didn't tell that bad decision will make you suffer. I didn't tell that a decision cause a great effect to your life.


I didn't tell them anything. So, they can't understand why I'm doing that. Not for today, because I plan to tell them tomorrow. I hope it is not too late.


Despite of not doing their work and always receive a motherly (and corporal) punishment(?) from me, they still want to come to my little space and get extra nagging from me. They don't hold grudge. They can be so annoying but they can be adorable too with their silly antics. One of my kids pronounce 'Orang Bugis' (the Buginese) as 'Orang Bogel' (naked people). You can't find that in other places than this little space.


I just hope they learn something beneficial from today's little space :)



Credit to: noumanazhar2013.tumblr

No comments: